Stichting LittleBitz (“LittleBitz” or “we”) is a social start-up powered by committed individuals, companies and organisations from the public and private sector. The objectives of LittleBitz are to provide financial and other support to victims of humanitarian crises and to promote their rehabilitation. We are a non-profit foundation with ANBI status. LittleBitz has its offices at Mauritskade 63, 1092AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and is registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (number 69611017).
1. Scope of Policy
2. Information We Collect
When you use the Service or engage in certain activities, such as downloading the app, making a donation, requesting services or information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Installing the app: when you create an account, we will request your name and mobile phone number.
- Making a donation via the Service: If you make a one-off or recurring donation via the Service, you provide your payment method information to the payment service provider. Based on the standard contractual agreements between the payment service provider and LittleBitz, the payment service provider sends information regarding the transaction (date, amount, your initials, your surname) to LittleBitz.
- Communications with us: We collect personal information from you such as email address, first and last name when you choose to request information about our Service, sign up for LittleBitz’ newsletter, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
We automatically record certain information about how you use our Service. This may include information such as a User’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, operating system, country, languages and locales, hardware type, the pages or features of our Service to which you browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, the links on our Services that you clicked on and other statistics. We use such data to administer the Service and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) such data to improve, customize and enhance our Service by expanding features and functionality and tailoring them to individuals’ needs and preferences.
3. Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our Services through an application of a third party, such as the App Store/Google Play Store or a Social Networking Service (“SNS”), we may collect such information about you from that third-party application that you have made public via your privacy settings therein. Information we collect through third-party applications may include your name, your SNS user identification number, your SNS user name, profile picture and optionally your email and list of your contacts on the SNS.
We will never post anything to an SNS without your permission.
4. Why And How We Use Your Information
We process your information in order to be able to provide our Service, to administer your use of the Service and to enable you to financially support displaced people worldwide. Additionally, we process your information:
- to improve your experience with the Service;
- to ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new features and services, and analyse your use of the Service;
- to communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes including via emails, notifications, or other messages, which you agree to receive; and
- to prevent or detect fraud including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the Service.
5. Disclosure to and Cooperation with Third Parties
We use technical service providers which may operate the technical infrastructure that we need to provide the Service, including communication with you, in particular providers which host, store, manage, and maintain the application, its content and the data we process.
When you make donations to LittleBitz, your donation is processed directly by a third-party payment processor Mollie B.V.. We cooperate with (local) verified organisations such as the UNHCR that will forward donations to the recipients.
The Service might contain hypertext links to other services. LittleBitz accepts no liability for those services including the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
6. Cookies, Third-Party Software Development Kits and Tracking
We use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to gather information about how Users engage with our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
7. User Access and Control of Information
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, transfer (right to data portability), delete or otherwise limit our use of your information we have collected, we ask you to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within four weeks. If we cannot comply with your request, for example due to other legal obligations, we will inform you of our decision.
You may opt out of having your information used or disclosed for certain purposes.
With your permission, LittleBitz may send you push notifications with notices that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings within the Service or on your mobile device. LittleBitz may send push notifications with a technical and/or functional nature regarding the app.
8. Data Retention
We seek to ensure that we only keep your personal data for the period necessary for the relevant activity or services; or any retention period that is required by law, whichever period is longer.
To protect your personal data from unauthorized access and abuse we have implemented technical and organizational security measures. We check these security measures regularly and adapt them, as necessary, to the state of technological progress. Our infrastructure is served via HTTPS, so that your smartphone only communicates with our server over a secure channel. All payment data is processed by our payment processing partners. Your financial information is managed securely on our behalf by our payment processor which is a globally trusted (Level 1 DSS PCI compliant) payment company.
10. Notification of Changes
11. Contact Us
This document was last updated on 14 December 2018.