Your privacy is important to us. We understand this is a huge responsibility andwork hard to protect your personal data. Whenever possible, we put you incontrol. Your personal data will not be shared with third parties for any personal gain or advertising reasons. This policy is meant to help you understand what personal data we collect and process, and why we do this.
Stichting LittleBitz (“LittleBitz” or “we”) is asocial start-up powered by committed individuals, companies and organisations from the public and private sector. We are a non-profit foundation with ANBI-status. LittleBitz has its offices at Mauritskade 63, 1092AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and is registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (number69611017).The objective of LittleBitz is to provide financial and other support to victims of humanitarian crises and poverty to promote their rehabilitation. To achieve this goal we have (co-)created various services such as “Zetje”, and “Payrollgiving”, enabling you to financially supportpeople worldwide. Please see our websitefor the most current list of our services. These services are hereinafter jointly and individually referred to as “Service” and “Services”..
1. Scope of Policy
2. The personal data we process
When using any of our Services, or websites,or otherwise engage in certain activities, such as downloading our mobile application(s), making a donation, requesting services or information, or contacting us directly, we process the following types of personal data on you:
- Creating and account onthe mobile application LittleBitz: To create an account, we request your name and mobile phone number.
- Creating an account onthe mobile application Zetje and processing your payment request: If you create a payment request through the mobile application Zetje, we request your name, mobile phone number and email address. To process your payment we also process the payable amount and the allocation formula of the payment. To process the payment through Zetje, LittleBitz shares your name, telephone number, payable amount and the allocation formula of the payment with LittleBitz’ payment service provider Online Betaal Platform(“OBP”). For more information on our collaboration with OBP with regard to Zetje, please see chapter 6.
- Making a donation through any of our Services: If you make a one-off or recurring donation via any Service (through the websites or mobile applications), you provide your payment method information to our Payment Service Provider (“PSP”)partner. To process the payment the PSP partner shares the required information regarding the transaction (date, amount, your initials, your surname) with us.
- Communications with us: We collect your personal data such as your email address, first and last namewhen you request to receive information about our Services, sign up for the LittleBitz’ newsletter, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
3. Personal from Other Sources
We may receive personal data from third parties. For example, if you access our Services through an application of a third party, such as the App Store or Google Play Store, or a Social Networking Service (“SNS”),we may collect personal data on you from that third-party application that youhave made public via your privacy settings therein. Personal data we collect through third-party applications may include your name, your SNS user identification number, your SNS username, profile picture and optionally youremail and list of your contacts on the SNS.
We will never share your personal data with an SNS without your permission.
4. Why We Use Your personal data
We process your personal data to provide our Services to you andto administer your use of the Services.Additionally, we may process your personal data:
- to improve your experience with our Services and websites;
- to ensure technical functionality of the Services and websites, develop new features and services, and analyse your use of the Services websites;
- to communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes including via emails, notifications, or other messages, and/or
- to prevent or detect fraud including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the Services.
5. Disclosure to and Cooperation with Third Parties
We share your personaldata with the following third parties:
· Technical service providers: We usetechnical service providers which operate the technical infrastructure that weneed to provide the Services and websites, including communication with you, inparticular providers which host, store, manage, and maintain the application, its content and the data weprocess.
· Financial service providers: When you make donations to LittleBitz, yourdonation is processed directly by a third-party payment processor Mollie B.V.Where this regards the mobile application Zetje we cooperate with OBP.
· Charitableinstitutions and partners: We cooperate with (local) verified organisationssuch as the UNHCR that will forward donations to the recipients. We only sharethe donated amount and the name of the recipient.
For the mobile application “Zetje” we cooperate with OBP as service payment provider. OBP is partof MediaMedics B.V. and has its offices at Kanaalweg 1, 2628 EB, Delft, the Netherlands and is registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (number 50124498).Where we share your personal data with OBP to execute the payment service request, OBP and LittleBitz act as joint controller, specifically for the following activities:
o Where LittleBitz transfers personal data of the user of Zetje to OBP to execute the payment.
o When OBP processes the personal data of the payer when it receives the payment.
o When OBP transfers personal data of the payer to LittleBitz to execute thepayment.
Being a joint controller means that OBP and LittleBitz are independently responsibleand liable to comply with all aspects of the data protection obligations.However, and for the sake of clarity for all parties involved, OBP and LittleBitz have concluded a joint controller agreement. In this agreement we agreed with OBP that LittleBitz will act as your first point of contact. Therefore, if you have any privacy related questions or requests in the context of Zetje, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Cookies, Third-Party Software Development Kits and Tracking
We use the following cookies:
We use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to gather information about how Usersengage with our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of datagenerated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
8. Exercising your data subject rights
If you would like to access, correct, transfer (right to dataportability), delete or otherwise limit our use of your personal data, we askyou to contact us at: email@example.com. We will respond to your request within one month. If we cannotcomply with your request, for example due to other legal obligations, we will inform you of ourdecision.You may at any time opt-out from receiving our newsletter orother commercial or charitable email correspondence from us. Please use the“unsubscribe” link provided at the end of the correspondence.
With your permission, LittleBitz may send youemails and/or push notifications with notices that may be of interest to you.You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications bychanging the settings within the Service or on your mobile device. Please notethat it is not possible to opt-out from receiving push notifications or SMS ofa technical and/or functional nature. You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with thedata protection authority about how your personal data is processed.
9. Data Retention
We seek to ensure that we only keep your personal data for the period necessary for the relevant activity or services; or any retention period that is required by law, whichever period is longer.
To protect your personal data from unauthorized access and abuse we have implemented technical and organizational security measures. We check these security measures regularly and adapt them, as necessary, to the state of technological progress. Our infrastructure is served via HTTPS, so that your smartphone only communicates with our server over a secure channel. All payment data is processed by our payment processing partners. Your financial information is managed securely on our behalf by our payment processor which is a globally trusted (Level 1 DSS PCI compliant) payment company.
11. Notification of Changes
11. Contact Us
This document was last updated on 14 July 2020.